My friend sent me a recipe idea through Facebook that we tweaked a little bit tonight and it’s so delicious, I must share it with all of you! I’ll post the link to the original recipe as well below.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- taco seasoning (low sodium)
- 1 can of yellow corn (no salt/sugar added)
- 1 can of black beans (low sodium)
- 1 jar of salsa (we used the natural Great Value kind)
- salt & pepper (if desired)
- 3 bell peppers (colors of choice)
- 1 onion
- 1 lime
- Uncle Ben’s long and wild grain rice
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Line your pan with aluminum foil and place the thawed chicken breasts in the middle. After slicing the bell peppers and onions, place those on each side of the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the entire dish with olive oil.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the taco seasoning on the chicken breasts and flip to sprinkle the other half on the other side.
- Pour the can of salsa over the chicken breasts.
- Dash your veggies with salt and pepper if preferred.
- Place your dish in the oven for 25-35 minutes.
- While your chicken dish is in the oven, drain your corn, beans, and begin making your rice according to the package directions.
- Once the chicken dish is ready, allow it to sit for a few minutes and then cut the chicken into slices.
- In a bowl, place rice on the bottom and section the corn, beans, veggies, finishing with chicken on top.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over your bowl and viola, you’ve got yourself a delicious and healthy meal!
Link to the original recipe: Chicken Burrito Bowls
Even makes for a great lunch the following day!